Monday, September 13, 2010

Immanuel's Veins-Ted Dekker

Immanuel's Veins is a romance novel.  I'm not going to describe it otherwise.  I say this because I know  several of my readers can't stand even the smallest amount of romance.   I, on the other hand, am a sap for romance if done right.
That's not to say there's not a little suspense or fantasy in the book, just that it's not all swords and arrows.

I read the book within a week of receiving it.  That's not a huge deal, though.  I've read many in that time.  But I can say without reservation that if I was able to stay up all night reading a book, I would have finished it in one nights' time.  It was absolutely captivating.

When I finished I wanted to rush out and buy a thousand copies, only to give them away to any and every person in sight.  I wanted everyone to hear the story of redemption that is contained within these two covers.  The message of this book is simple: the saving power of love.  God's amazing love and man's greatest possible love for another person.

Many people have said that this book is simply the same as any of Dekker's other novels.  I would say I agree, it's much like his other novels.  Almost exactly the same.  But it's different.  I don't understand why, exactly, but this one's better then any other I've read by the author.  I got lost in it.

The plot is a simple one as I've stated before.  It's something else I can't quite wrap my head around, and I'm not sure I want to.  That is the love that is portrayed in this book.  It's utterly beautiful.  The writing flows effortlessly as to not get in the way of the love portrayed.  Ted Dekker has outdone even the greatest of his previous works.
Needless to say, I give this book five pens.  It was awesome.
Notice: I received this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers and was not forced to write a positive review.

This book has been officially been released and can be found on Amazon and most major bookstores.

I have been asked to do something pertaining to the book. That is to answer a question.  That question is: What is sacrificial love?
My answer:
Sacrificial love is full willingness to give any and everything for someone else.  It is to love without reservation.  Sacrificial love is to give everything for another with the knowledge that they might not care.  That they might not return your love.
It is love in the highest and most beautiful form.  Sacrificial love is to forsake everything you have and hang your pride on a stake and never return to it.  Sacrificial love is to love without abandon.


As you can see, sacrificial love isn't something we see everyday.

I am also happy to bring you a giveaway celebrating this books' release, but more importantly, the message it carries.  "Spread the Love".  It will be a shirt giveaway, and judging by Dekker shirts I've seen (I own one too) and what I've been told, it's going to be a good one.  Right now it seems as if these shirts won't go on the market, so you won't want to miss the opportunity to snag one.  To enter, simply comment on this post!

Also, enjoy the book trailer and what other readers have to say!






No comments: