Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blogger Design and the Simplicity of It

Many of you will remember a while back when I changed my entire blog design from the classic template to the current one using a little thing called 'Template Designer'.  I also added other pages on the blog at that point.  Just recently I've been working some more on my design.  You've probably noticed that it looks pretty much the same.
The reason for this being that I worked on the minor things.  For instance, you'll notice that the comment system is different.  I now use a system called 'Intense Debate' for the comments.  The reason for this?  It is much better.  You can reply to actual comments as well as things like giving replies a thumbs up or thumbs down.  I really like it.
Also, you may have noticed that the favicon (the little thing on your search bar by the address of the site) has changed from the ordinary orange Blogger B to an image of my choosing.
I've also done lots of other little changes.  While I haven't changed much and am no HTML master, I have learned a few things.  Next week I will be going over a few of these things throughout the week-so you won't to miss that.  It's really not difficult.  The hardest part is finding the right tutorials to help you make the changes.

No comments: