Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Contests

Recently I stumbled upon a contest for Christian Short Story's (http://christianwritingcontest.com/contest2010/).  I struggled for a few ideas, but then one dawned on me, I kinda like it.  I can't say much right now, but it's pretty epic.  So, I was wondering what you guys think of a few names I chose, needless to say, they all pertain to the story, I just want to know which one you guys like the most.  
1. Power of the Name
2. Power of the Cross
3. The Blood of Christ(only problem is it suggests it's a gory story, and it's for a Christian contest)
4. The Last Church
5. The Last Act of the Way
 So, what do you guys think?  Do you guys prefer making a full novel or short stories?  Both?  I'm trying my hand for the first time at a short story, I'm interested to see how it goes.

Also, I know that a lot of people from the Tribe Contest(if not see http://enterthedoorwithin.blogspot.com/2009/09/biggest-contest-in-history-of-men-and.html) are following this blog.  I'd like to say congrats to Swiftstorm on moving up, congrats to Silvertree on getting in first, and good luck to everyone on this last month.  It should be a fun final stretch.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY fun final stretch... >:)

I'd go with "The Last Church." It rings with a certain noble finality. Easy to say, unheard phrase, reminiscient of a "last stand". Anyway, that's my vote.

-whisper

Anna said...

Great job, Steadfast.
I like "Power of the Name"
I'm not too good at writing short stories myself. They always want to turn into novellas or something. =/
I am sure you will do well.

Twill be a most epic final stretch indeed. Keep up the good work, noble tribe leader.

Endurance and Victory!

Storm Marie White said...

I like #5: "The Last Act of the Way"

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'm thinking I'm going to go with number 4, The Last Church, I appreciate all the input.

Seth,

Madeline said...

I like the Last Church as well. I do like short stories, they can be very compelling in a way novels can't really. But anyway.

GO SWIFSTORM! I can still rake in a potential 15K or 20K points as of now. I'll see.

Precentor said...

Go with,

The Last Church. IT appeals to those who don't like the church for the title, and intrigues the others!